Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Flower Power

 
A few weeks ago, life was rather unbearable, what with endless work and endless stress in the office. Weekend was a welcome change to me, but my house was always in a mess as I couldn't find the time to keep things tidy and clean. One day, fed up with the dump hole I was staying in, I decided to buy some flowers to cheer up my home. These are the first flowers I ever really bough for my home. It cheered me up instantly! Each stalk cost around SGD0.80 to SGD0.90 with the white back drop costing SGD3.00 but reusable if you keep them well. 

With just this small change, something interesting happened. I started cleaning my house on a weekly basis. Usually after I placed the flowers on my dining table, I would have the urge to clean the whole house. The fact that I love my floor cleaner helps tremendously. It's an environment friendly cleaner and the most expensive soap I ever bough for my home at around SGD7.15 for a 800ml container only available so far in NTUC. I love it cause it smells like Orchard ION where the big water feature that smells like soap is. You can say I'm kinda addicted to it :)

The following week, more flowers! And the house is now sparkling clean! I've also been exercising more and eating slightly healthier. The exercising could be due to my inspiration read of Murakami's memoir "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running", and combine with "Two Lipsticks and a Lover" and "Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It". Better stop before this turns into a book review entry! I'll write more on how I suddenly started reading again. Stay tune!

Ref:
Orchard ION
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
Two Lipsticks and a Lover
Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments