Thursday, September 12, 2013

Kindle and Me

I've thought of getting a Kindle when I first saw it on Oprah. It was one of her favorite tool for reading and she recommended it so highly. But since Kindle is black and white, and I'm a child of the smartphone and tablet era, I thought a tablet would made more sense. So I got a HTC Flyer instead to read my ebooks. But the glare kinda hurts my eye and most of the time I can't read more than an hour or so. So Kindle was always at the back of my mind.

I seek some advice from my brother, and he say he has an old Kindle he could lend me for a trial run. I agreed to swap with him my HTC Flyer to try out a Kindle to see if I could get used to it before I make a purchase. I have no idea how much one would cost at that point. Well, we didn't swap. He said he has no use for his Kindle, so I got to inherit it instead. Winner!
I didn't really use it at first cause it was loaded with Buddhist books and it was boring me to death just reading a chapter of it. But I suddenly have to read a Murakami book title "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle", and I had to get a copy of it from the library. The book was so good I was hooked. I needed to read all his books! And what better way to read it then with a Kindle!
So the Kindle got a revamp loaded with Murakami, and went through a baptism to get its name right. And I haven't looked back since! I've been averaging about one books per week! And once the reading habit started, I read books from my Kindle (majority), my tablet (sometimes), and even physical books! Here's my impressive reading list from July 2013 onwards till September 2013 (2 months):

  1. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle  by Haruki Murakami via book
  2.  Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami via Kindle
  3. What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami via Kindle
  4. Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres via Kindle
  5. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami via Kindle
  6. The Mind and the Way: Buddhist Reflections on Life by Ajahn Sumedho via book
  7. Two Lipsticks and a Lover by Helena Frith Powell via book
  8. Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It by Gary Taubes via tablet
  9. American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis via Kindle

Still have more Murakami to go, and planning to read Game of Thrones series as well, and a whole lot of French authored books! Btw, I'm using Kindle 4th Gen. If you love to read, I highly recommend you get a Kindle, I am totally in love with it! It's light, and the battery life is amazing! In two months, I've only charged it once. Plus with a Kindle, you save space, you save trees, and you save your eyeballs from burning out.

Ref:
HTC Flyer
Kindle

2 comments:

  1. At first I thought you are featuring your food... hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I shouldn't have shown such a yummy pix of the coffee bun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments