Friday, July 4, 2014

Joe Hisaishi Concert by SSO

Friends got us some great tickets to watch a Joe Hisaishi concert. This was way back in February 2014, one day after Valentine. It cost us only like SGD19 per ticket, and we got front row seats! Amazing! Held at the Star Vista, which itself is an amazing place to hang out if you're even in the West side of Singapore!

Anyway, I'm a fan of Joe Hisaishi simply because I'm a fan of Hayao Miyazaki's movie's soundtrack. I would like to take a moment to clarify here that I'm not a fan of Hayao Miyazaki's movies although I do like some of them, and I do think Totoro is cute and all, but it is the soundtrack of his movies which I truly love. And the person behind those beautiful music is none other than Mr Hisaishi.
Here are the songs that were played during the concert. And a montage of the event done by one of my friend.
One of the highlight of the concert was the story telling of the Totoro movie thru narration and music, and also this piece from the movie Departure. If you have never seen this movie before, you should. I cried buckets watching it. The music is call おくりびと (Okuribito, "one who sends off")




Ref:
Joe Hisaishi
SSO
Star Vista
Hayao Miyazaki
Totoro
Departures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments