Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Shangrila

Finally visited The Line buffet at Shangri-la Singapore after hearing so much about it. It was a treat from my brother for his birthday as me and my husband got him a xiao-mi phone for his birthday. The highlight for me was actually the macaroons as I was suffering from a critical craving for quite some time now and heard they serve it at the buffet. And so they did! Look at the pix above, aren't they pretty? I was all happy and glowing and was trying to eat a proper lunch before going after these babies! The usual sashimi and other meat dishes were served, notable Mediterranean, Indian, and the gyoza was super nice! But when I eventually tried the macaroons, only 50% were nice, and the crust was really disappointing! No further comments.

I absolutely love the cheese platter and went there almost every round, and only discovered the tea selection at the very end of it. I had a French Rose Vanilla tea which was just heavenly!
After lunch, we visited The Rose Veranda as my brother say it was a very nice place for high-tea. Love the ambiance there although I would prefer it was on the ground floor in or near a garden. Still, the spread was rather reasonable, and I look forward to visiting it next January during my birthday!

Note that if you make an online booking for the buffet, you get a 15% discount. 

Ref:
Shangri-la Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments