Wednesday, December 7, 2016

NLB Mobile Application


Recently I downloaded the NLB Appl to my mobile phone. NLB stands for National Library Board in Singapore. I stopped buying books long time ago, even though from time to time, books still creeps into my domain ( I swear I dunno how they got there!). So instead of buying books, I usually borrow them from the library. Singapore has an awesome library system. And when I download the app, although I don't want to admit it, it was to reserve books to read.

NLB offers a service where you can reserve books for a price of SGD1.55 and have it delivered to your nearest or most convenient library near you. For popular books, it may take weeks before it;s your turn. I know, cause that's what happened when I tried to read Twilight and compete with all the crazy teenagers during that time to read the full set.

At the back of my mind, I do have a few book on my to-read list. Due to work and classes, I haven't had much time to read recently. But after I gracefully flunk my 3rd year Japanese (I still haven't gotten my official results, but I'm pretty sure I flunk), I decided to start reading again. On average, I can read 2 to 3 books a week. And when I downloaded the app, I merely wanted to see if the books I wanted to read was available in the library. Low and behold! Three books found! I booked all three books on a Thursday night. There goes SGD 4.65. I think it's like the first time I spend money on a mobile app!

I got an sms on Saturday morning notifying me that one of the book was ready. I decided to pick up the book on Saturday evening. To my amazement, all 3 books were available! I was so happy! I finished one book on that day itself! Lol. As my husband wanted to read one of the book, and he is a slow reader, I also renewed all three books! So now I get to keep them for 6 weeks! Isn't that awesome? Actually I've already finished 2 and half way into the 3rd one....

I truly love NLB. It is one thing that the Singapore Government got right!

More info:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments