Monday, July 20, 2020

Kyoto Sept 2019 : Postcard Spot from Kiyomizudera



This is my last post on Kiyomizudera. Unfortunate in a way for me, the grand platform of the temple was under renovation while I was there. So above was the scene of the great platform with all the scaffolding. But the platform was still open and you can see lots of people looking out from it and taking in the view. This shot was taken at the other side of the temple ground. 


This is also another iconic view if it was not for all those scaffolding. I think the legend has it that if you jump from the platform and survive the fall or something, you can overcome any challenges in your life or something. But who is so mad to jump from such a height for???


Some of the beautiful scenic shots from here showing the city of Kyoto below. That is Kyoto tower. I stayed at an inn around there, and to think I walked from there to this spot on foot! That is quite a far walk right? And some part of it was up hill too cause I was now on a higher ground looking down. And just to close the loose ends, yes, I also walked back all the way! 


Here are some of my favourite shots, with the red pagoda and Kyoto just behind it. Iconic shots. 


Here is a more wide angle shot. I just love the plants in front framing the photo, and the mountains at the background. Everything just seems to fit together to frame this photo.


Even a shot from far away looking into Kyoto city looks stunning. And just a side note: Kyoto Tower area is also known for suicide. I found this out recently when I was reading up on haunted places in Japan. Kyoto Tower areas are known as Kyoto Jumper due to the high incident of suicide from high places around that area. That's what you get when you watch too much horror Japan series and start doing research online. Lol. And to think the next place I visit next is a Maosoleum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments