Sunday, January 31, 2010

Singapore International Kite Day


Attended the Singapore International Kite Day today at Punggol. As you can see from my photos here, there were lots and lots of kites! I'm just gonna upload some of the nicer ones here for your viewing pleasure. Held at the open field in Punggol, there were kites from all over the world on display! But unfortunately, they weren't really the traditional type of kites. For example I was expecting to see some Wau Bulan from Malaysia, but there were none on site. Frankly, it looked more like a balloon festival then a kite festival. But it was fun.


Lots and lots of kids where there, and they seems to be having the most fun. There was a session where parachute sweets were thrown from the sky and all the kids were running around catching them. That was really a nice sight to see. There were also Hip-Hop dancing, a dance competition, and even beatboxing. Didn't know Singapore youth were so talented before!


After spending 4 hours there, where 1 hour was in direct sunlight at 2:30pm without sun block, my face is now suffering from sunburn! And the only photo I really like from the whole afternoon there is this photo above. I think maybe my photography skill is going down the drain! But I like photos that speaks to me, and this one just do! It's shouting serenity and freedom! And all the colors of life dancing free and wild! Then again, I think I might have fried my brains dry today :)


Ref
Singapore Kite Association
Wau Bulan
Beatboxing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments