Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cameron Highlands Sunrise

I have a special spot for highlands, hills and mountain. I grew up climbing them 3 times a week when I was in Penang. The hike, the view and the fresh air cleanses more then just your lung, it cleanses your soul.

So we took a short trip to Cameron Highlands for 4 days in October. To see the tea plantation was our highlight, together with the fresh mountain air. The trip started at 10:30pm at Golden Miles Tower on a Konsortium Bus which cost us S$110 for a return trip. (Note: You can book your ticket online these days, refer reference below) We didn't reach Cameron till 7:00am the next morning. While waiting to check into our hotel, we were coached into signing up for some day tours like Sunrise Spectacular, and Agro Delight Tour. Both cost RM65 (S$30) per person each tour, and well, in my opinion, totally not worth it.


Still, on the next morning, we hop on the Sunrise Spectacular at 6am and made our way to the mountains to witness the wonderful sunrise! Sadly, the sky was cloudy, and this was all we got. This is the 2nd paid sunrise tour I've signed up for, and not once did I see anything that took my breath away. So please, stop making me pay for another one of those romantic notion that is just worth nothing. A sunrise can be seen free of charge at your own home town, so don't fall for this trick when you're on holiday!

As you can see, nothing spectacular about the photos above. But I did got a beautiful shot of these petite flowers found in the plantation, and I just love this shot (uploaded in full resolution). This is what Cameron is all about to me, serenity :)


Ref:
Cameron Highlands
Konsortium Express

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments