Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MDL - Sculptures

  
10-Nov-2010 (Wednesday). Take a look at this photo of only one of the open halls inside the museum. Now imagine that each and every door found in that photo leads into a hallway full of sculptures! Now that's a lot of sculptures! I won't even attempt to show you 10% of what was displayed here.Let me just share with you some of my favorites.
Take for instance these three lovely piece of art. I actually love the 1st the most as it's so beautifully made. The 2nd if also lovely in its own sense, but actually it is the 3rd that is the most famous, the Venus de Milo. We walked all over looking for it, but well, the thing about famous piece of art ism they are so well known that there are no element of surprise left as you already know what its going to look like. But the 1st piece is totally new to me, and I can't stop looking at it!
Of course I also love anything biblical in nature, and that includes angels and demons. I have no idea what is written on these two plaque. I tried googling them but came up empty. I know know they are somehow biblical in nature. I just like how stone white marbles matches with angels, making them so strong, yet so cold.... 
Lastly, four more piece that I wanted to share. From top to bottom, the 1st, a statue of a lady so elegant sunbathing by the window with the backdrop of the window and lights shinning in upon her. Lovely.
2nd, The Three Graces. I took these cause it somehow reminded me of a scene in one of the Charlie's Angel movie. Plus, it looks a symbol of sisterhood.
3rd, anything with cloak figures are good by me. This is how I'd imagine a funeral of a great Magus would be like. It smells of Rainstlin all over :)

And lastly, the 4th where the light just hits the wall in such a great angle to produce this shot. I just love shadow and lights. This photo reminds me of scenes from Prince of Egype or even the Ten Commandments. Majestic and ancient.
Ref:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments