Tuesday, January 11, 2011

MDL - Musée du Louvre, Paris

10-Nov-2010 (Wednesday), off to the Musée du Louvre we go, the site of one of the scene from The Da Vinci Code. Interestingly I've never read a single Dan Brown's book before. But I've read the book Holy Blood Holy Grail which the book was based on. Still, a glass pyramid was an attractive thing to see. Plus I've heard that it was one, if not the best museum in the world. I'm a sucker for museum. And I've picked Wednesday cause Musée du Louvre stays open till 10pm on a Wednesday. Now that's one awesome tip for you to get your 9.50Euro (SGD18) work more for you!

Just like the NHM, I'm going to break down the MDL into different section, mainly the following
So this is the first part, the building itself. Imagine this photo, and multiple it by 3, as the Musée du Louvre is shaped like a "U", and each side stood a magnificent building like this. And in the middle of it, the famous glass pyramid. To enter, you actually have to enter the pyramid and take an escalator down. Once inside, the basement is like a spider web spreading off into different wings and section.

There are 3 levels up, and a basement, and you multiple that by that 3 building as per above, and that's a lot of ground to cover in one day! Plus, besides the entrance to each wing, once you're inside each building, there are not many escalator around, so you'll be climbing lots of stairs! Paris is a wonderful place to lose weight! Here are some beautiful photo taken from the inside of the museum. Lovely old stone staircase, statues gracing almost every window, stone tile flooring leading into wide indoor open spaces.....If I ever live in a palace, I want one just like this one!
We were at the museum from opening hour 9am, till 7pm or 8pm! And although it rained when we arrived, the sun came out later on that day and we saw Paris for the first time with blue skies! It was a gorgeous day outside, and although it was a shame that I was spending it in door, the wonderful wide window provided a view for me that took my breath away. And as we stayed till late evening, we managed to get some wonderful sunset photos of the view from the museums too. One of the museum staff was extremely nice when he saw me taking photos of the sunset in one of the window, and told me to go further up the hall way as there was a little balcony like structure there where I could step up and see the sunset. Merci Beaucoup Monsieur! Don't those photo just look lovely! I started to fell in love with Paris from that very day :)

Ref:
Louvre Museum Official Website
The Da Vinci Code

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments