Friday, July 22, 2011

Wabi-sabi - 侘寂

Just wanted to take a moment here to share with you something I've just discovered called Wabi Sabi (侘寂), which is based on Zen Buddhism. I find that it's just really me, and how I've lived my life so far :) Gonna go read up more on Zen Buddhism and the art of Teaism soon!
The following are taken from a book I borrowed title "Practical Wabi Sabi" by Simon G Brown.


Principles of Wabi Sabi
  • Living in the moment
  • Simplicity
  • Emptiness
  • Intuition
  • Transient Beauty
  • Incompleteness
  • Acceptance of Imperfection
  • Asymmetry
  • Appreciation
  • Tranquility
  • Naturalness
  • Non-Attachment
  • Humbleness, Modesty and Austerity
  • Everything Changes


Ref:
Practical Wabi Sabi by Simon G Brown
Wabi-Sabi Wiki
Teaism or Wabi-Cha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments