Monday, February 20, 2012

HTC Rhyme Workshop


Attended the HTC Rhyme workshop on 18-Feb-2012. Saw it on their Facebook page and signed up for it, more for the goodie bags that actual interest on the phone. Don't get me wrong, I'm no cheapo who attend events to get free stuff! I just happen to really really like HTC, and really really love their products, and kinda like collecting their gifts :P Before I start, here's a clip on the HTC Rhyme to share.



The event was held at Cathey Cineleisure @ Kbox, and I arrived on time! The presentation lasted one hour, after which food and drinks were provided, and since it was a girl's workshop, you could get your nails done, glitter tattoos, massage and erm, that's it. Nothing fancy. I queued for the tattoos, and we get a pick of 3 designs. All the girls went for the design without the brand. I went for the HTC design :)  I mean, besides me loving the brand, I thought I need to pay back a little for the freebies they were giving me. Besides, I'm really glad I pick that one cause at least it's memorable :)
Next the goodie bags! It's just lovely! It came with a 1GB thumb drive from J'aime, and it was wrapped up in a nice Paris themed envelope which I thought was really really nice touch. The thumb drive is also shaped like a handbag and comes in pink! Adorable! There was also an umbrella inside with a umbrella bag that can be transformed into a carrier bag! I love that as well! And the design was simple and elegant!

Now my thoughts on the workshop. As compared to the Incredible S workshop I attended previously, I felt that this one was a lot more well organized, and the goodie bag was really really wonderful. In terms of product, I love both product, but I'm not the type that buys a new phone every 2 years. But if I am, I would definitely get the phone, the innovation is just lovely! Simple and lovely. Not much to complaint for this workshop except the following:
  • We were really disappointed that the HTC Rhyme did not come in purple color as in most advertisement. They told us they only carry white in Singapore, what a kill joy. And they keep saying ladies go for the design, yet they provided a dull color with no options.  
  • The goodie bag came with a SGD200 voucher to purchase the phone with, but the validity is only till end of February. Can't they give us more time if they were really serious in allowing us to purchase the phone?
What I love about the HTC Rhyme? Happy to say lots! (except for the specifications)
  • Love the docking station that transform the phone into an alarm clock/radio while charging it wireless! Awesome, can I have that in all future phone please?
  • Love the charm for the ladies, can we have that in all future phone please?
  • Love the phone cover that came with it! Again, let's make that a standard feature cause I'm having a hard time buying a cover for my HTC Desire and my HTC Flyer! I have no such problem with my HTC Touch cause it came with a cover!
  • Would love it more if it came with better specifications, some ladies do go for specs you know!
  • Would love it more if it came with Ice Cream Sandwich
 I now leave you with some wordings from my new umbrella carrier :)
Btw, I just signed up to be part of the HTC community. Hope they accept me. Heck, am thinking of applying for a job there too! Will see how that guess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments