Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lunch Box Carrier

Decided to make a lunch box carrier for myself as I've decided to bring lunch and breakfast (and snacks) to work every Monday to Thursday. Reason being it takes 10 -15minutes to walk out for lunch, and 10-15minutes to walk back. Plus, the food outside is expensive, and taste awful. And I was kinda inspired by the book "The Art of Eating In" by Cathy Erway. But bringing two lunch boxes is kinda hard to fit into my handbag, so I thought I'll make two lunch box carrier to bring my lunch in, two so that I can wash one and still the other one to use :)
Since it's my very first hand made lunch box carrier, I wanted to make it as unique as possible. I got these two ginger bread man and plan to use it like a logo for my carrier. Cute eh? More such toys and where to get them can be found here. I also recently got some great teddy bear patch cloth that I was dying to use, and o-o-o, teddy bear buttons!
Anyway, I've been fascinated with double layered bags, where the inside is of a different pattern. It kinda make it classier, like those branded handbags. So I thought I'll make one like so. So here is the assembling process. Usually I use pin to hold the cloth together, stitch them over one, and then machine sew over them. You'll be shocked to know that I don't use any measuring tape, nor marker :)  I just fix them up as I go along! (hence the weird shape of the end product :P )

Anyway, here's the end product. Not too bad really, if I can bring 3 to 4 lunch boxes a day, this would be perfect. But since I'm bringing two, it's kinda baggy, so maybe I'll start bringing fruits or snacks or desserts to work with me :)

Ref:
The Art  of Eating In: How I Learned to Stop Spending and Love the Stove by Cathy Erway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments