Tuesday, December 25, 2012

2012 Entertainment

Wow it's like 4 months since I like posted. Sorry for being gone so long, work has been crazy lately, and I've been doing some crazy stuff along the way as well. It's Christmas today, and since I'm off and have completed my mountains of laundry, I thought I'll started catching up on my posting and let you know what I've been up to the last 4 months. I thought I'll update you on the entertainment sector that I've been fortunate enough to participate in.
First stop, I managed to attend a concert with two friends at the Old Parliament House a.k.a The Art House. The venue was much more impressive to me than the concert itself actually, cause it was so classical with all the legendary Singapore politician's name carved into the seats. The concert was playing music from a Russian composer mixed with Jazz performed by Singapore youth. It was a bit hard to appreciate, but they were nevertheless good.

Second stop, Ivan Heng was performing at the Esplanade so how could I miss that? So off I went to La Cage aux Folles broadway style. I fondly recall my very first play was also by Mr Heng, the legendary Emily of Emerald Hill. I totally love La Cage! It was one very touching and funny play. Highly recommended!

Third stop, was the The Hossan Leong Show that my colleague drag me too. Hossan Leong was incidentally was also in La Cage, and compared to Ivan Heng's majestic performance, I wasn't actually looking to this show very much. It was shown at the National Library, so I was rather excited about that, but nothing more. The play started, and the jokes was lame, and I mean really really lame. After half an hour, the jokes was so lame that it was headed to the other extreme of being lamely hysterical. And when he actually took off all his clothes and did the pole dance, I was totally impress and in love with him! Managed to took a picture with him after the show. Can't believe he had more make up on than me or my colleague! He also had flawless skin and is older than me or my colleague! Look at him! And look at us (hung head in shame). We love you Hossan!

 Last stop: Retrolicious 2012. The only reason I said yes to this concert was because they initially plan to held it at the Garden By The Bay, an excellent site I've never been to. But one week before the event, they announced that it will be moved back to Fort Canning :(  Boo! Since the tickets were already bought, what can we do, right? So we went. This year features Tiffany, Wang Chung, Howard Jones and Alphaville, I was only familiar with Tiffany, and didn't even like her as compared to Debbit Gibson at that time. But after the concert, I can happily confirm that she sounds better live!
 
Here's my fave photo of me and my hubby at the retrolicious 2012 concert with matching glow stick bangles!

Ref:
Old Parliament House a.k.a The Art House 
La Cae aux Folles
Ivan Heng
The Hossan Leong Show
Hossan Leong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments