Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 Notable Dining Experience in Singapore

Its sad that I'm summarizing most of my blogs up as I rush to close off the year 2012. It's just that so much has been happening lately, and I don't want to miss it all, yet I don't have time to blog it all in detail! Yet I have this urge to share these information out with whoever that may be interested to read them. It's my way of contributing to the cyberwide knowledge based I guess.

Anyway, here's an entry on notable dining experience in Singapore 2012 for me.
1st stop: Ember @ Duxton Hill. I told my husband I wanted to try some of the French restaurant they have at Ann Siang Hill, and him being him, we ended up at Duxton Hill at a fusion restaurant call Ember for our anniversary instead. Trust me, it all means the same to him, but TOTALLY different to me. Food at Ember was expensive, perhaps SGD60 to SGD80 per head? But the review at Hungry Go Where was good, so I was looking forward to it. Sadly, the place was rather claustrophobic or me, and the portion was really not up to the price you're paying for. No doubt lots of rich people dine there, but for me, it was really not that value for money. Taste wise, sad to say the only thing I really enjoyed was the dessert which was a french toast with nutella, bananas and vanilla ice cream, something I could totally make at home. For half the price, go Le Bistrot instead. You get awesome food there, with an awesome setting.

2nd stop, luckily for me we did managed to discover a wonderful French Restaurant that doesn't take reservation. It call Saveur @ Bras Basah, and its totally lovely! Go early to get a place, even if it means queuing before the restaurant opens. Everything is affordable on the menu and won't cost you an arm and a leg. Service is wonderfully fast and efficient. Sorry no photo of the food, but please visit it, the duck confit is my fave so far in Singapore!

3rd stop: Au Chocolate @ Marina Bay Sands. Its a lovely fantasy place to visit as the brochures promises, but a  bit flat when you actually visited the place. For such a cliche place, the food was surprisingly good, but then again, for both visit, I tried their Egg Benedict both times! Haha. Planning to go back there in January 2013 to try their Duck Confit soon. As to the service at the place? Well, considering it's Marina Bay Sand, they have a lot to brush up on at the customer service department....

Ref:
Ember
Saveur
Au Chocolate



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments