Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Garden By The Bay

After the disappointment of change of venue from the Retrolicious 2012 organizer (click here to read more), we had a stroke of good luck when my in-law was too tired to go on an RC trip to the Marina Garden By the Bay. The ticket was only SGD10, and includes transfer to and from the RC at Tampines, and entrance to the two air condition dome. So of course I said yes! And drag my husband there for me. I love gardens, and I heard from my colleagues that they were having a Halloween special featuring lots of pumpkins! How could I not go? I have a weak spot for pumpkins ever since my teenage years!
 First dome we visited was the Flower Dome. Before going I read that it would feature different garden from different region. When I got there, there was more concrete than flora...Slightly disappointed. The only up beat thing about it was actually the Halloween patch at the center which, without it I think, would have been a rather dull expedition for me. So all my photos are on the pumpkin patch :)  enjoy!
Next was the Cloud Forest. When you first walk in, the first thing you hear is the waterfall, and once you enter, you're more or less splash with water! I love it! It was exciting and mysterious! I especially love going beneath the water wall and looking up at all the gallons of water falling down like 4 stories! It's a lovely free feeling you get. If only the could hide away all the concrete stairs and metallic canopy walks. I love the Cloud Forrest better as I find its so much more interesting, what's with the heights, the canopy walk and all that water. For ladies going there, please don't wear a skirt cause all the canopy has holes in.

Would I visit the garden again? Not unless I'm accompanying friends visiting to the spot. I wouldn't pay the full price to go as well cause it's super expensive to look at flowers growing out of a concrete garden. I would however travel to Cameron Highlight anytime to look at the flowers there :)

Ref
Garden By The Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments