Saturday, July 15, 2017

Cordy's Day Off 2017 : Yunomori Onsen & Evening Tea At Fullerton Bay Landing Point

2016 till 2017 May was a stressful period for me as I saw through that my project was implemented successfully. Once that was over with, I took some time off for myself. And when I mean myself, I mean really by my self. With no friends for the whole day (except for evening drinks and tea). So where did I went? Yunomori Onsen at Kallang Mall! The above picture is of me relaxing in the lounge after a nice soak.


I've always love onsen, from the very first time I step into my first one, and every trip I ever made to Japan (except one.....). Anyway, my colleagues and I bought 6 entry coupons for the price of 5, and we each took two. I used mine on this wonderful day, and still have the other to use on the second half of the year. It cost maybe SGD24 per entry using the coupon. I went at 1030am, and the walk in was lovely as the sky was blue, and it was by the Kallang river that I even took a few nice photos to post on Facebook. After that, I went in, check myself in and had a very relaxing time instead. I even fell asleep at the lounge. Basically I spend one hour at the bath, one hour in the lounge, and went for lunch, and stayed at the cafe with my laptop till 4pm before I went for my 2nd bath and left around 5pm. It was lovely! I pack my book, my headphones, my laptop, my favourite perfume/skincare, and just spend some "me" time alone the whole day there! Can't wait to use my other coupon soon since its' already July!

I had my lunch there, and the cafe wasn't really crowded as I went on a weekday (even though it was school holiday). I ordered karaege curry chicken, and it was the most delicious curry chicken ever! I truly love it cause they even leave the chicken skin on each piece of fried chicken. The curry was also nice and thick! The meal probably cost less that SGD12. I highly recommend this!

Next stop was Fullerton Bay Hotel to meet my ex-colleague for evening tea at the Landing Point. I cannot stop raving about this place. I was just there a few weeks back with my mum, and the service was most excellent! From the phone call to make a reservation, to the time we paid our bills, I would recommend this place without a doubt to everyone! Plus, both time, I was there for a 1-4-1 UOB card promotion of their evening tea (SGD53 for two person total), and that was also fabulous! The only complaint I have is their orange juice which tasted like fermented juice from my home.
Anyway, above is my favourite part of the evening tea. Cocktails! You get to order one per person, and they are so delicious! When I went with my mum, she gave me hers, and I was tipsy the whole evening! I thought having cocktail was the winning touch to this evening tea. Apart from that, their drink selection was also extensive, from tea, coffee, juice, soda, and even affogato (which just means free ice cream to me!). The tea set which comes in 3 tier was also refillable, and have things like truffle flavoured mushroom pies, cream cheese wrapped in parma ham, smoked salmon etc....5 stars! 10 out of 10! I mean, I went there TWICE within a span of one month!

Here's a photo which my excolleague/friend/meimei snap of me which I really like. I would without a doubt, go again if they have another round of offer. The ambiance, the service, the food, the drinks, everything was GREAT! Keep up the good work Fullerton Bay! You are my number one hotel in Singapore!

Ref:
Yunomori Onsen
Fullerton Bay Evening Tea @ Landing Point







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments