Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Oyster Omelette


You must think I'm funny, with a post titled Oyster Omelette, but showing a photo of clams instead. Well, let me explain. It was a cold windy Singapore National Day, and I have been having clam craving ever since I got back from Vietnam 2 months ago. Reason being we always wanted to order clams, but never did. And clams are actually quite cheap if you buy them in the wet market, so I decided to venture out around 8am to the market to hunt for some clams. I got 1kg for SGD3.50. But as I was paying, I saw packets of oyster on sale and casually ask how much. The aunty showed me 4 fingers. Not bad right? So I walk one round before deciding 4SGD was a small price to pay for experimenting with oysters! 


So I came home with a pack, and am actually blogging this after eating it. There is around 20 oysters inside the bag. And I would like to apologies to my Japanese friend for ever saying that Singapore wet market don't sell oysters. I am sorry. I was wrong. But they don't sell it everyday. We can try cooking  oyster omelette next time you drop by my house!


Anyway the reason I wanted to try cooking this is because I don't really like the asian oyster omelette with potato starch. I like mine without starch. And although I know an uncle that cooks it that way, he has been over cooking my eggs recently as I like my eggs creamy and raw. So I decided to cook it myself. Above are the ingredient I used after researching on youtube. Lucky me I have some vietnamese fish oil! Unlucky me, I didn't know how concentrated they were! The end product was rather salty, but still good. So: 3 eggs (i think 2 is enough), around 10 oysters (I think 5 is also enough), fish oil, and vegetable oil. You can add spring onions and other decorative if you like. Since this is kinda last minute, I have no such accessories available at home.


End product as shown. Eating it with some chilli helps clear the palate. To cook, beat the eggs with fish oil, heat pan, add the oil, and add in the beaten eggs and fold (like how you would cook scramble eggs). Let the egg cook till brown or to your own preference before adding the oysters. I cook my oysters almost well done cause, believe it or not, I am sometimes allergic to raw oysters and will break out in sweat with my face growing twice it's size.....

Anyway, oyster omelette checked! I still have half my oysters in the fridge left. The above was initially intended for breakfast for two person, but my husband is still asleep. So I've eaten 10 oysters and 3 eggs for breakfast, and it's not even 10am yet! Lol. Yeah, I'm a morning person! And a night person.... and well, basically I don't really sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments