Friday, August 11, 2017

Handmade Pencil Case

Making a pencil case has been on my list since I saw those foldable pencil cases that one of my colleagues carry around. But those were kinda hard to make, and expensive to purchase. I refused to buy anything I can make myself, so I never did came around to making a pencil case until 2016, when we got a new GM (general manager). During a meeting with him, I saw he carries a petite pencil case that holds no more than 2 pens inside. I was impressed. And added that into my list of things to make. So finally, it became a reality. But I didn't want something formal, and I didn't want something too loud either. And I wanted a personal touch to it. So there you have it, black and white outer cover that looks perfectly normal for office use, a small hello kitty at the side, and loud pink inside! The lime coloured zipper was those last minute idea that made everything turn out really well. No regrets. 


Making it was easy, just the dimension was different, but basically same as other bags that i've made before. As always, I added a homemade patch inside to make it look classy as per shown below.


Below is the end results. Isn't it pretty? The black and white fabric is really nice to the touch, and it kinda look like batik motif, so it is really personal to me. And I just love how the small Hello Kitty head just kinda try to camouflage into it all. It's so cute! The lime zipper don't look out of place either.


Once you open it, it is poker dot pink inside! Looks like candy inside. So imagine you feel shitty in office working your ass off, and when you open your pencil case.... VOILA! pink candy and happy thought!


Here's a perspective shot of how small the pencil case is, taken wth my awesome erasable pen. I tried to make it as small as possible, but at the same time I need to at least fill it with sufficient staff for me to get work done. The 3 coloured erasable pen is really awesome cause its like everything in one. I also now store my hello kitty fountain pen inside, and well, basically that is, plus maybe a ball pen for the boring signing of formal documents.....


This pencil case really fits into my minimalist, get rid of clutter kind of lifestyle cause it forces me to only carry the things that I love and need. I can bring it anywhere with me cause it's so small. I just throw it into my handbag, or carry it with me when I travel without a second thought of what I need to pack. Love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments