Friday, May 10, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Taichung First Night and Dinner


On my first day in Taichung, even though it was a short day, beside visiting Miyahara Store, I also walked all the way back to the train station, and also behind it. And I found the beautiful facade of the old station. It was beautiful. Better looking than the modern looking side I arrive and came out from. I like this one a lot better.


Perhaps I didn't really explore Tainan much, but Tainan felt like a small town to me. Whereas Taichung felt more like a city, or a more advance town. There was a mall nearby, and I wanted to visit Carrefour to buy some snacks or food, but I ended up window shopping at the mall instead. Time passes so fast inside that I actually I have to tear myself away from the place since it was getting dark. 


But here are some fancy stuff I found inside the mall. Shin-Chan shower gels! Sooooo cute! I would buy them for myself if I live there!


Or cute alcohol with free shot glass. Again, I stood a long time wondering whether to get these. But to carry the glass around on my trip kinda puts me off. So I walked away from it.


The mall was so big there was even a retro roller skate disco park inside! And they are not even shy about it. The walls are transparent, so I can just look in and take this photo, lol. I thought it was a pretty cool pix. Love the colour and the blurring of the people in it.


As it gets dark, it also started to drizzle. I head towards the night market behind my hotel. It was further than I thought it would be. Who the hell wrote the distance of the map for Taiwan??? Everything is further than it was supposed to be! Anyway, I grab some food for my dinner here, and made  my way, get this, along the back alley back to my hotel because that was the shortest path. Maybe not the safest decision, but it was the most fun and interesting. I felt like I live there! 


Since I had a late lunch, I bought a light dinner of sweet potato balls, and some vegetarian wrap, or pohpiah. I recall the pohpiah was sold by two old aunties, and again, like what happened with the Aiyu aunty in KaohSiung, they thank me personally for giving them the business. I still don't know whether this was something most sellers do? But for me, it was kind of a touching words. It's like my decision to buy from them really helped them out, and they are really appreciative of it. It was so very different from the attitude of sellers from, well, other places....lol. 

And thus end my first day (half a day) in Taichung. Next day was gonna be Museum Day. I was gonna go see dinosaurs! I am 46 years old when I went for this trip, and yes, I ALWAYS get excited over dinosaurs! Or planetarium. Can't wait! It will be a multi-post posting for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments