Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Tainan Hayashi Part 2, Last Day's Lunch and Dinner

After enjoying my shaved ice at the roof top cafe, I slowly wander downstairs to check out the department store itself. At one of the floor, there was an exhibit about the store itself. Above is what the store looked like from the outside.

There was a whole corner just about the history of the store.

Beside that, the upper floors mainly sell craft and specialty items. Everything was decorated beautifully. It was also very spacious, and lots of interesting to browse. The price was more at the high end side. Even the cashier was fancy. I might have queued up to buy something, but ended up giving up, perhaps due to lack of size or stock, I can't quite recall. But I recall queuing at the casher for quite some time seeing the services of the cashier. 


Again, even inside the shopping areas, lots of vintage chairs and lamps made up cosy corner for you to take a rest while shopping. Who knew shopping was such an exhausting experience!


Above, more chairs, lamps, and vintage TV. This was at the ground floor, where they sold mainly food items, teas and herbs. I think I took a long time browsing here, wanting very much to get a souvenir. But perhaps something was a bit off. I didn't end up buying anything. After visiting Hayashi, I decided to walk back to the hotel to rest.


On my way back, I saw Komeda Coffee! Haha, a review of my next trip! Komeda Coffee is from Nagoya!
See you soon in Nagoya Komeda-san!


For lunch, back at the hotel area just opposite the Chihkan Tower, I decide to eat the God Soup, or at least that was the translation from the chinese character. I've seen it selling in Kauhsiung but didn't try it. It's the soup on the top, and it's made up of pig's intestine cooked in a barley soup and some herbs. It was surprisingly nice and light! Glad I ordered it. As the soup was so small, and I didn't feel like having any rice, I ordered fried bee hoon to go with it. I recall the fried bee hoon it self cost me almost 3.50sgd! Very expensive. But it was filled with egg rolls inside and other stuff, and super delicious that I still miss it till today! I even tried to cook a version of it back home! All in all, it was a delicious and filling lunch at a road side shop. I like blending in.


It was my last day in Tainan, so I went back to pack and rest in the hotel. By this time, I've totally done all my laundry and dry them and reset my luggage, lol. Thank you Tainan and it's hotel oven toilet that makes it so easy to dry my clothes! For dinner, I went out to look for my winter melon soup, but it was closed. How very very very sad. I ended up buying oyster omelette and prawn roll from another store. I also gave away my remaining two mangoes to the lady that sold me my dinner. Sadly, her food tasted terrible! What a waste of my money and calories. Lesson learnt, don't buy food from a stall that is too near a tourist attraction that caters to mainly tourist. Go to an old coffee shop where the locals eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments