Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Tainan > Taichung via Train

 

My time at Tainan has come to an end. Time to move on. I checked out from the small hotel, and made my way to the nearest bus stop that would bring me to Tainan Train Station, about a 20 minutes walk away. I didn't feel like dragging my luggage with me along the uneven road. Plus, bus fare in Tainan was pretty affordable!

Above is a photo I took looking out into the street from Tainan Station. Did I mentioned that Tainan Train Station is also under renovation? It was quite chaotic inside. It was a lot smaller than KaohSiung's station. But it was cosy. 


Above is the main hall area. As always, I was early. So I hang around at the main hall area to soak in the atmosphere before moving into the platform area. It was a nice old station. I just wish there was less renovation going on everywhere in Taiwan. Oh yeah, there are also a lot of homeless people in the underpass. To get across the the town area, you have to cross the road. And with a luggage, it was easier to just use the underpass. Unfortunately, you will encounter a lot of of homeless there. 


Finally I entered the platform area. Look, the station master is there, next to the kiosk selling train lunch boxes! My train was around noon time, and I was contemplating whether to buy a lunch box. I saw many people buying it. I could also smell it. But it was a short ride, so I decided to just have my lunch when I reach Taichung. Boy, how I regretted that decision.....


Finally, arriving at Taichung Station, it was huge! And very modern looking. It looked like a big MRT station with all the amenities. And you can look out all around is Taichung City. I was pretty impress with it. I walk all the way to my hotel, hoping they will let me check in early.  I was so hungry by then that I even bought a donut along the way, hoping to eat it with some tea in the room before heading out for lunch. Sadly, the hotel does not allow early check in. The receptionist was kinda weird through out the stay actually. More on that later on..... I left my luggage there, and trace back my steps to a shop I saw selling the juiciest braised chicken. 


Here's my lunch. I ordered the drumstick rice, and it was rather affordable. I actually thought it just came with meat and rice, like in Singapore. But the server ask me to pick my vegetable to go with the rice. I asked how many can I pick. He seems taken aback, and he told me I can pick 4 vegetables. I chuckle with my good luck. 4 vegetables!!!! I could hardly imagine such a good deal even happening in Singapore! Hahahaha. Needless to say, I had a very satisfying lunch. Everything was delicious cause I was almost famine! After lunch, I walked back to the hotel and this time, they allowed me to check in. 


This was one of the nicest hotel I was staying in. I pick it solely for the decoration, and it did  not disappoint. Everything look so country like, so dainty. The bed was the most comfortable of the whole trip. The only I issue (besides the weird receptionist) I had, was the thin walls. I could hear the snoring of the guy next door every night!


Anyway, here is another view of the room. It has a bathroom as well. it just looked so lovely, and they gave me quite a high floor too. 


I settled down to eat my donut. I am nostalgic over plain sugared donuts. I got the tea from the lobby area too. The change the tea everyday, so I took some every day when I come back from my wondering. The card has the name of the hotel in it. 

They also provided tea and coffee as well as snacks in the room, and they refill it daily. I kept all the snacks to eat along the way, and no tea or good coffee goes wasted! Usually I keep the tea to myself and gave the coffees away as souvenirs. 


While waiting to check in, I saw this beautiful book in the lobby area. Just thought I mentioned it here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments