Sunday, September 21, 2008

AIBI Elliptical Cross Trainer


If Cordy can't go to the gym, then the gym must come to Cordy! So say me, and we went and got ourselves an AIBI Elliptical Cross Trainer :)

Price History:
Normal Price, S$1200+
Promotion price S$980
Bargained price S$850
Paid in cash final bargain price S$839.

Was it worth it? Too early to say yet, but I did my first trial run on it today, 30 minutes, burned 180 cal. Not too bad for a start. There are 12 training program options, and the machine runs on battery or electricity, and comes with 1 year warranty. It's cheaper then a gym membership, plus I don't have to pay transport cost to go to the gym. I think its a good buy, and the reference link below supports my findings!

The bad part is, I forgot to ensure that the machine is able to take in my weight when calculating my workout :( But no worries, so long as I am sweating, and getting 3 times exercise a weak and burning fats, I'm happy :)

Related Blog Entries
My Exercise Journal using AIBI 19-Jan-2009
My Exercise Journal Part 2 using AIBI 1-Jan-2010

Ref:
AIBI
What Cross Trainer Can Do For You Guide
6 Reasons You Should Exercise With Cross Trainer
Inexpensive Eliptical Cross Trainer: A Real Run For Your Money

10 comments:

  1. So how is the cross trainer? very siong right? I think it is tougher than brisk walking on the road because there is no scenery to motivate you to work harder. I have a AIBI Stationary bicycle in my room, it has been collecting dust, i rode it no more than 10 times ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm ... i wonder who is this gangster piggy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will the real Mr Piggy please stand up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gangster Piggy, AIBI so far quite nice! I do like the cross trainer machine, and I hope it last me at most 5 years! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. you mean can bargain with the AIBI staff and get further discount? I always thought they are like osim, oto products, price are stated as shown in price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh this is the bargain queen's blog leh! Of course you can bargain with the staff. When buying big item (big = a few hundred dollars), there is no harm trying! My favourite line is: "Can it be any cheaper if we pay you cash upfront?" That should save you around 3% more in SG :) Happy bargaining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have the same machine.
    can you tell me where you bought the power cord from? it does not come with my machine and the salesperson said 'anywhere can buy'. to date i have no luck finding it

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Ladydenning. Thanks for you comments. I especially requested for the power cord when I purchased the machine. The sales assistant told me he would include it in the delivery. We didn't pay extra for it. Perhaps you can approach any AIBI store to ask about it? The store I got my machine from is the AIBI at basement 1 Parkway Parade. My Aibi is still going strong! Definately a better investment then gym membership!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cordy

    Thanks! If I only knew that the power cod was not part of the deal, I would have pushed for it when I bought it. Oh well, I called Aibi at PS and they told me I can get it from them for $35. :(
    Anyway, good to know the machine is still going strong. When I get my adaptor, gotta make full use of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! S$35???? That's such a cut throat price? Mind sharing how much you got your Aibi for?

    I love my Aibi! I hope it last me at least 5 years or more!

    ReplyDelete

Comments