Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Old Hair Salon in Penang



Here's a place that will take you back in time. This is also one of my husband's favorite hang out in Penang, an old fashion hair salon for men. It was introduced to him by my dad (who is seen here in the photo with me). I don't know the name of the place, but it's somewhere in Penang Road, just opposite Komtar. There is an old rundown hotel there with an entrance that leads into total darkness. If you dare venture past the darkness, you'll first encounter an old fashion hotel reception (wish I have a photo to show you, it looks damn classic, but the uncle there also look damn fierce so I didn't take any photos). And right at the end of the path, is a small door of the hair salon.

Sadly, it only serves male customer. And at this place, you can get your hair wash or cut, ear dig, face shave clean, and a massage. All for maybe less then RM50!!! That's less then S$25! And of course, you get Chinese Tea serve to you. And as there weren't many people around on a weekday afternoon, we took advantage of the situation and took some great photos :P

I'll share with you the name and the address of the place if I ever found out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments