Monday, August 10, 2009

Penang National Park Trail



I've lived a good 20 years in Penang, and have never visited the Penang National Park Trail before. Well on this trip, my husband has been doing some research on it, and hopefully, we'll be able to complete the hike this Thursday (13-Aug-2009). I wasn't allowed to hike on this trail when I was younger as it was deemed too dangerous as there weren't proper path and bridges build in. But now it seems, everything is very tourist friendly! Woohoo!

Starting from the "End of the World Restaurant" at Teluk Bahang, and hoping that the trails are clearly marked, it's a 5km hike to Muka Head Lighthouse. After which, we plan to back track, and track down to Pantai Kerachut which is 3km South West direction. We'll pass by Meromictic Lake on the way there, and the view from the photos on some of the website looks stunning! I hope I don't get lost in the jungles while I am there :P

Ref:
To view the trail in details, click here.

2 comments:

  1. hehe... when will u upload the pictures?

    Keep in touch, ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uploading soon! Hope you found all the info you needed from my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments