Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rasa Sayang Hotel Penang


We stayed at the Rasa Sayang the last three days in Penang. It was kind of a anniversary getaway for us. Rasa Sayang is one of the nicest hotels in Penang, and the facilities and service sure did not disappoint. Wonderful pool with bubbles to massage your aching body, lazy deck chairs all over the grass just along the beach with coconut trees really makes an ideal holiday on an island.


The room was wonderfully spacious, and so was the bath room. Room cleaning is twice a day, AM to clean up after you, and PM when they prepare your room for bedtime. Each time they come in, they will refill your drinks and toiletries. They serve a complimentary 6 types of tea in the room! I absolutely adore the tea! And the toiletries all smell simply lovely! So I got quite a lot of souvenirs from my stay there :P And the day before you check out, the management drop you a letter thanking you for staying at the Rasa Sayang. I thought that was a nice touch.

Sadly, the food serve was not that great. We had our breakfast at the Spice Market, and the selection there was sadly un-appetizing, and un-hygienic. Fruits were covered in fruit flies, and some of the food had flies in them. I was totally gross out. But on the last morning, we had our breakfast sent up to us as we were checking out pretty early. The breakfast basket was not that bad. The food lasted all the way back to Singapore. I'll give a thumb up for a hotel that lets you bring the memory of staying there back with you! (eg wonderful toiletries and tea! plus half my breakfast!)

Will I stay there again? Of course! (if I can afford it!) But I think I'll skip the food there :P Penang has too much good food outdoor! Don't waste it eating in a fancy hotel!

Ref:
Rasa Sayang Hotel Penang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments