Tuesday, November 17, 2009

From Hero to Zero?


Thanks to a tip off from an anonymous reader of this blog, I finally made my way to Popular Bookstore's CD-RAMA today to purchase a copy of the
Adoration (DVD + OST CD + T-Shirt) set for S$32.90. To read more about the set, refer here (note site is in chinese).

Anyway, the CD is a multi-version of the song "Adoration" 暗戀, and although some of the musical version was rather nice, seriously, you can only hear so much version of the same song! (I know, I have like 2 CD of Pachabel Canon alone! 1 CD that has an hour version of it, and another CD with 8 version of it!)

The DVD was a more interesting catch, being a short story about "Adoration" 暗戀 ( I though the more correct translation would be a 'Crush'). It did have nicer songs in it, and some of the MV (music video) were quite ok, although some of the scene I just didn't quite get it. Let's just say his music is so much better then his film?

Last came the T-Shirt. I though the album title "Opus 69" was bad enough (as express so in my Twitter entry), but the T-Shirt really blew me away. Printed on it was the caption : "Are you experienced? 69 David Tao". I really don't even want to know or hear the answer to that question! :P In my mind all I could think of was "WTH was DT thinking????" And in case you don't know why I'm all worked out about it, since we're all adults here, please click the wiki ref link below to find out what "69" refers to to the general public if you don't already know. Although I know DT doesn't mean anything related to what wikipedia describe (you can watch an interview of him in youtube titled "David Tao - Are You Experienced?"), I still think it's rather tasteless of him to have those 2 numbers associated with him or his album. Sigh.

But the conclusion? Yeah, the album is still worthy of your time. (except I really hate the song "Superhero" (火鳥功) cause I've never been much of a Queen fan). Still considering if I should spend another S$24++ to get the full album. Since I already got free tickets to his January 8 concert, maybe spending another S$24 isn't so bad :D

Ref:
Popular + CD-RAMA
69
Queen

4 comments:

  1. so you still love your old time singer DT ha..
    I thought he is less famous now..btw enjoy your concert then..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiya none of my favourite singers are very famous also, what matters most is that you can relate to their songs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did u manage to get free tickets to the concert?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi cl0udi3, my free ticket is actually my birthday present from my hubby :)

    But there are free tickets to be won to, at Orchard Central Xmas promotion. Please check out the details at Orchard Central.

    ReplyDelete

Comments