Monday, November 9, 2009

Opus 69 (69樂章)


Almost 3 months outdated, I found out about David Tao(陶喆)'s new album that was released in August just yesterday. Excited nevertheless, I was downtown visiting music stores so that I could purchase a copy of the new album.

First stop Gramophone. CD was selling at around S$26 with 14 tracks on it. It was over the budget I was willing to pay for a CD (my budget is not over S$20 for 1 CD, with exception made only towards rare CD and box sets). So I made my way towards HMV instead after uncle in THAT CD SHOP couldn't find a 陶喆 cd in his shop in Raffles City. At HMV I found the same CD selling at around S$29! There was also a special DVD edition with a free T-Shirt selling at S$38.

I thought the DVD edition was a good bargain, but since it was wrapped up, I took it to the counter and ask the staff if I could see the design of the T-Shirt as well as the content of the DVD (the title track on the back of the DVD was covered by the T-Shirt). My request to see what I was going to purchase was utterly rejected!

Frustrated and disappointed, I returned home empty handed. At this age and time, why is it so difficult to buy a reasonable price CD??? It is not that I didn't want to buy an original CD, but they made it so expensive and so freaking hard to even know what you are purchasing! Have they forgotten that this is the digital age and that music can be listen to free of charge on simple site like youtube? It's no wonder that CD shops are slowly going out of business!

I do believe in supporting an artist's creativity by buying original, but the extortion price set by the shops are really putting me off buying CD at all! Shouldn't music be free? Oh well, as long it's available on youtube, I guess I can share it here with you all. Here are three of my favorite songs from the album. [available for a limited time only].





2 comments:

  1. Hi, Popular CD rama is selling the dvd plus tee shirt at S$ 32.90. It's a better deal, definitely. :) I think the cd was also cheaper in Popular CD rama.

    David is coming to Orchard Central on the 28th Nov for an autograph session at 3:30 pm! His concert in Singapore is on the 8th Jan 2010. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am so going Popular Bookstore tomorrow! Thanks for the tip off! But I just saw the t-shirt on youtube clicks (David Tao - Are you Experience), and I don't think I'd want the shirt that badly. 69 is just not my number.

    As for the ticket, already booked mine!!!! wooohoo! I can't wait to attend his concert again! And yes, see you on 28-Nov!

    ReplyDelete

Comments