Friday, February 19, 2010

Dear Diary


Having purchased extra luggage check in of 20kg, and having not enough goods to add up to that weight due to most of the shops being closed for the Chinese New Year, I decided to bring back all my teenage diaries instead. Yes, you heard me, a whole 8 volumes of it, from 1990 to 1997. And it doesn't actually ends there too, there are printed version from a dot matrix printer too! Printed out from floopy disk entries long long time ago! And I'm glad I did that cause even though I still have the floopy, I no longer have a floopy drive to read it!

Flipping through those pages was rather interesting to me. I will share some of the contents here soon in digital format, thanks to digital photography! Interestingly, I've been keeping a journal since I was 13, and I still do now in terms of my blog! But diaries are much more personal, fun, bitchier, and juicier! And I'm glad I captured the essence of my teenage years in a book form. Stay tune as I share bits of it here on this blog :)

Ref:
Diary
Floopy Disk
Dot Matrix Printer

4 comments:

  1. Actually, I just "found" my old dairy when i moved.Less than 1 volume, but it actually spanned across my pre-u to poly days... and...... I threw it away after I read it... coz too (quote) "personal, fun, bitchier, and juicier" ... XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear ES,

    Aiya, what a waste! But I guess is better to move on then dwell in the past? Still, I really enjoy re-reading them. See myself so damn 'dunggu' (stupid) and naive last time, not much different from now! haha

    I'm not gonna publish all the bitchy stuff on my blog lah, just the fun and personal stuff! Stay tune!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are more interested in the bitchy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's not open that can of worms!

    ReplyDelete

Comments