Monday, March 1, 2010

The Outsiders


One of the very first book that made me cry is S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders. I first read it in 1992, and Robert Frost's poem Nothing Gold Can Stay was featured in the story. I've re-read the book many times in my youth, but never actually own the book as I borrow it from the library. The book was also made into a movie with the same title, and staring some of the biggest names in today's celebrity list like Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon, Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze, and Emilio Estevez. Strangely enough, I've never seen the movie version before, and never had the urge to do so.

While looking up the book and film on the internet, I chance upon this beautiful song by Stevie Wonder call Stay Gold, and I'm posting it here to share it. Somehow, this blog seems to be going backward in time these days, and the music really add atmosphere to the entries :) Hope you enjoy it. I've hardly even touched the surface of my diaries' content yet!




Ref:
S.E.Hinton
The Outsiders - book
The Outsiders - movie
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments