Friday, March 5, 2010

William Blake

Poetry was found in almost every book of my diary. I love reading them and writing them. The very first poem I truly like was William Blake's Night, found in one of my mother's old English Literature book. That was my first love affair with poetry. William Blake remains my favorite poet till this day. I'll share more of the other poems found in my past, but for today, it's all about Blake. Here is a passage taken from Auguries of Innocence:



And the next two excerpt taken from On Another's Sorrow, and The Everylasting Gospel. You could say in a way, his poems heavily influences my early religious view.



I used to own a complete book of his work, but I gave it away as a parting gift to someone before coming to Singapore. Never did have the urge to get another book. Instead, I'm stuck with a collection of Edgar Allen Poe. Sigh, the irony of my life...Interestingly, Blake was also a painter. Here is a slideshow found on youtube to share with you. Enjoy!



Ref:
William Blake
William Blake's Poem
Edgar Allan Poe

2 comments:

  1. Me... i had no patience for poems, neither do i know how to appreciate it.. haha.. had a hard time doing my poem assignment in secondary school. Sound so fake... and i never kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference with ppl being forced to learn poetry, and ppl who tumble into it :P

    ReplyDelete

Comments