Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hot Cross Buns

  
This year marks the first year me and Zoji are celebrating Easter together  :) And one of my to-do list for Zoji was to make Hot Cross Bun for Easter! And so I made some badasss Hot Cross Bun! (Refer photo above). Lol. I love Hot Cross Buns even before I knew what they we called. My mum used to buy it for me to eat from this supermarket call "Fima" in Penang. They roughly cost RM2, and were freshly made into a bread. We'll buy them home, and cut them up into slices. As I grew up and moved to Singapore, I forgot all about them until one day I bough them again in the bakery at ISETAN Orchard, and they brought back so many lovely memories :)  So I just gotta make some of my own!
  
Not gonna share the recipe here, but the photos above roughly show the stages of the buns. First the dough after mixing all the ingredient together which Zoji did. After that the dividing of the dough to make bun shapes. The look ugly as hell, but they'll grow into it as the yeast works their magic on the ugly lump of dough. Next, the shaping of the cross. This is the funniest part cause I have no idea how to make them look nice and holy! It turn out pretty messy and rough, but who cares! I'm eating them in the end anyway! Key ingredient: Cinnamon powder, mixed spice, and lots and lots of mixed fruits!
Just for reference, on the left shows what the buns were suppose to look like on my recipe book. On the right was what I actually made. I skipped the glazing cause I really don't care whether the buns look shinny or not. But thankfully, they taste wonderful! And you can keep them up to 3 days, warming them up before you eat to make them taste like they were freshly made! Lovely!
Ref:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments