Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Food around Pearl Hill Penang

If you're around Tanjung Bungah Pearl Hill area, do drop by the food court there (Just opposite Corpthorne Hotel). You'll find some interesting food there. Drop by after 6:30pm for best result. It's famous for it's Spiced Fried Chicken which smells so good and taste so fresh! Simple lovely! There goes my vegetarian diet!

Actually I only had one piece of the chicken as I was busy devouring the Oriental Chicken Chop from the nearby Western Food stall. Deprived of my favorite David's Chicken Chop, I had to do with what I could get my hands on, which wasn't really that bad! In fact I went back two days in a row and ordered the same thing :) At RM7 (SGD3) a plate, I had no complaints! Sorry, no photos on those.

The other great thing you can find here is Tony's Ice Kacang! Order it with ice-cream to get that creamier taste! I love my Ice Kacang milky! And this ice kacang is special cause it comes with Nutmeg! Yummy! And raisins too! And it's so loaded with milk that my husband had to actually ask them to go easy on the dairy....-__-

Don't be just confined by the food court. Take a walk outside and you will find two gems of Tanjung Bungah! One is the mysterious Uncle Burger! He has been around with his mysterious van since I was a kid! And I'm ashamed to say, this was the very first time I tasted his burgers!(Actually I ordered a hot dog with cheese and eggs). He drives his van around, and can be found here around 7pm onwards. But be warned, LONG QUEUE! If you understand Penang Hokkien, you can hear about the Uncle Burger at Penang Hokkien Podcast. After hearing the podcast, I told myself I'm gonna give those burgers a try!

And park just behind him in the picture here is a van selling soya products. The soya milk is HEAVENLY! Served in those traditional silver cups. They also sell bean curd, and black bean milk! Must try!
With all the great food there, there really isn't any point eating at a restaurant in Penang :P

Photo courtesy of JaxPax, also taken with HTC Desire :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments