Sunday, June 12, 2011

Église de la Madeleine


11-Nov-2010 (Thursday).Finally making our way to downtown Paris! I wanted to go stare at the shop windows and drool over their display, knowing very well I couldn't bring myself to buy anything expensive there. So early in the morning, off we go. We wanted to looking for a Flower Market at Place Madeleine, and I wanted to visit Hediard and Maille Mustard shops too. Well we made it to the market, but being autumn/winter season, there wasn't much to see. However there was a huge building there which we didn't know what it was, and we walked all around it before following some tourist inside. Lo and behold! It was a Church of Lady Madeleine. And it was old and ancient and beautiful!
This was the 2nd church I visited in Paris, and the entrance was free! This place was not really on my itinerary, but it should be in yours if you're visiting Paris! Cause it's a lovely church, and not many people goes there! And best of all, it's all dedicated to the feminine side of Christianity. All the saints there are women. So that made it extra special :)
Here's a nearer pix of the altar. I think the altar look so much nicer than Notre Dame :)
I'm so addicted to churches! Hopefully I'll get to visit Our Lady of Lourdes one day! Didn't made it there this time round as it was located quite far from Paris. That's on my wish list the next time I visit Paris!

We did lots of other sight seeing, eating and shopping on this day as well, but I'll write about those information at a later entry. Stay tune!

Ref:
Église de la Madeleine
Mary Madeleine
Our Lady of Lourdes

2 comments:

  1. It is a spectacular place. I had always felt angel sculptures to be a little kitchy, but I fell in love with them there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Myles, what is there not the love, the church was just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments