Monday, June 6, 2011

MDL - Paintings

10-Nov-2010 (Wednesday). It is almost impossible to see everything at MDL in one day, but you can give it your best shot on a Wednesday when they stay open late. And I'm making a guess here that most people miss out a whole floor of paintings during their visit due to exhaustion. I mean, I myself was ready to drop dead by 7pm as my legs were feeling rather wobbly by then. But there was still a whole floor of paintings to look at!

Here's an example of what the display halls of painting look like. These are just two rooms. There are rooms after rooms of these!
 There are even paintings of the what the hall of paintings look like at MDL! And they weren't too different from the real thing as there were halls just filled with paintings from floor to ceiling! The painting shows the time they first started setting up the MDL and the halls of painting....Check out the clothes they were wearing!
And did I just mention paintings on the ceiling? I mean literally. I know these are no Michaelangelo, but it stills wow me!
 
Lastly, one of my favorite painting - The Death of Marat. I used to have a postcard of this painting and like it so much! Sure there was the Mona Lisa at MDL. But I like this one better :)
 
Ref:
Michaelangelo
The Death of Marat
Mona Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments