Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Paris Food Information - Eating In

The wonderful thing about having your own apartment is you can always bring food back home to eat. And that's a great way to eat your meals in an expensive country for a start cause it slowly ease you into getting used to the price of the food. And the other great thing about staying around where local stay, is the cheap grocery store around where you can easily stock up on water and food!

So Exhibit A - Food you can buy from the supermarket! (bread, fruits, juices, can food, chocolate). If in France, do get: Cheese!!!! Any can liver of any animal!!! Truffes!!! and Mustard!!! You can get most of these stuff from local grocer or supermarket like Monoprix.
You can also get those pre-prepared food from supermarket, plus lots and lots of good wine! Try Nicolas for your wine supply :) Above pix is our breakfast, and our dinner. Quiche is very very nice here!!! Especially those from Paul! I had my last quiche while waiting for the train back to London.  (Side note: Paul is opening soon at Takashimaya Singapopore!)

Here are also a few things worth mentioning, the patissierie below our apartment which supply us with our nightly sweets and chocolate! Wonderful pickled sotong from the supermarket, and the best roast chicken I've ever eaten before in my life! I only got the address, cause I wasn't expecting it to be great when I brought it from a morning market from Rue Mouffetard. Anyway, if you're ever there, get one of those roast chicken and thank me later :) It's only 2Euro and one of the best things I ate in Paris!

Ref:
Monoprix
Nicolas
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments