Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Paris Food Information - Eating Out

Eating out a proper meal in Paris is kinda expensive for us. It cost roughly 23Euro for a 2 course lunch. Since I got my own personal patissierie, I wasn't interested in desserts. But I really really love the entrée! But let's start from the beginning.

I love dining out in Paris because they provide me with free flow of fresh bread!!! I only realize this a few days later when I was so hungry I ate all the french bread on my table and was rewarded with a fresh new basket of bread! Voila! And most of the time they leave a whole pitcher of ice water on our table, which I just love cause I drink lots of water when I'm dining. French coffee and hot chocolate are also serve is such petit cute cups and saucer! And surprisingly ciders are really cheap and good there :) Chocolate mousse are only so so cause you can always buy them in bulk from the supermarkets.

My favorite part of a meal is actually the entrée, cause that's where the herring, the liver, the soups are! And all the above are really to-die-for!!! Especially the onion soup! I have read about the famous French onion soup before, but come on, how great can onion soup taste? Right? But sadly, I had to wait till almost my last few days before I finally decided to order one! And it nearly made me cry! It was soooooooo good!!!! Nobody told me French onion soup was serve with cheese!!!! How dare you people keep such important information from me!!!

As for main course, why Duck Confir in France is fabulous!!! Totally melt in your mouth. And frankly, almost anything we order pass the test of quantity and quality! Food was definitely my favorite part of Paris :) And you should have seen how sad I was when the day to leave Paris finally approaches :(  Sigh. Hopefully I'll be able to come back here one day and dig in more :)  Although I did hear the food in Italy is wonderful too..... 

Anyway, here's a photo of the restaurant we had our onion soup, duck confit, and escargot. You can go hunt it down, its definitely worth it!


Ref:
French Onion Soup
Duck Confit
Escargot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments