Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jati Home Stay

Searching for a hostel to stay, I ended up booking a place call Jati Home Stay in the center of Ubud. It had great review, and I booked 2 weeks and arrange for transport to pick us up from the airport upon arrival. Communication broke down and we waited an hour at the airport with no one there to pick us up. Because this was my do-nothing holiday, I wasn't even piss. We took a cab instead, and had an unpleasant ride to Ubud where the cab driver kept telling us we couldn't turn here and there cause it was a one way street and we would have to go one big round. He also kept asking us for tips and extra money. Not the best impression I got on my first day. Luckily I have a map of the place I was staying, and being brought up in Malaysia, I was very good at ignoring the bad side of people.

We made it to Jati eventually. Here are some pictures of what it looked like from outside. We had to walk in a narrow alley to reach it.
But once inside, it opens up to a family courtyard, and eventually downwards to a main building, and a two storey building which was the home stay. The building was facing a padi field, and we got the Room 8 at the ground floor. No aircon, but there was hot water inside. Two beds, and some shelve to put things on. The bath room was rather modern, but the bedroom and outside was rather traditional.I think it cost me around SGD400 for 2 week's stay.
 I was moved to the room upstairs after my husband left, which was a lot newer, and nicely decorated with a balcony. The last two pictures above are of the room upstairs.
 Breakfast was included daily, with coffee and a plate of fruits. It was rather filling actually.

Here are some of the interesting characters I met and befriend while I was there. They become people in my everyday life while I was there. From left to right: Dewa, the owner of the home stay; Putu the guy who walks around with the laundry everyday and mopping the floor; Ayu who make us breakfast and sweeps the floor like 8am in the morning; the bunch of bebek (ducks) that wonders around the front padi field, and half white face Japanese lady portrait that hangs on the wall of our room, which we later found out was drawn by Dewa -____-

Ref:
Jati Home Stay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments