Friday, June 15, 2012

Ubud

What did we do while we were in Ubud? Lucky for us, we stayed pretty central of Ubud. So what we do pick a direction to go everyday, and just walk there. With reference to the map here, all I want you to remember is north, south, east, west, cause I'll be using that as reference point to where everything is.
 
 To the north was towards the town area and market. Here are some sights of central Ubud.
 
To the west, towards Bintang Supermarket, a nice scenic walk of around 30 minutes. On there way you will walk pass the town area, Blanco Museum, and further west the Neka Art Museum which I will elaborate on in later posting.
To the east, Delta Supermarket. I actually when there while I was on my own, and saw the magnificent structure on the right here. Amazing.
 
To the south, the massage places. I actually went to Jaens Spa twice while I was there.  Balinese Relaxation Message(1H 30M,  Rp 180.000, SGD  24.40) was totally heavenly. I repeated the treatment and also had a scrub (Relaxation Body Scrub + Mask ( 2H 15M, Rp 300.000, SGD40.70) the second time I was there. The flower petal bath with candle light was pretty amazing too. The only thing I didn't like that much was it was rather dark in the massage room. Other than that, it was very very relaxing. They picked us up both time, and even send me home when I was there alone.

Lastly, on the street we were staying at, we also did a yoga lesson at Bodyworks Centre which left me in pain for one whole day! A one hour lesson cost Rp50,000, SGD6.70. We had the teacher to ourselves, and it was held at the top floor of the centre in an open air room. Did I mentioned I initially wanted to do yoga at Ubud for like 3 times a week at this place call Yoga Barn? End up I only did one lesson and decided to enjoy the rest of my holiday there instead :P

Ref:
Jaens Spa
Bintang Supermarket
Delta Supermarket.
Blanco Museum
Neka Art Museum
Ubud Bodyworks Centre
Yoga Barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments