Monday, September 5, 2016

Biz Trip - Taipei LINE Shop


22-January 2016, on the last day of my 2nd business trip to Taipei this year, it was a rainy day, and a tough week. I remember having a good Japanese steamboat after work with my colleague just to reward ourselves. (if time permits, I'll post that in another post). And we finished dinner about 8:00pm, and he said he needs to visit a LINE shop to buy some stuff for his kids and I can tag along since he is going by taxi. Since it was raining, and I had nothing else better to do, I said yes.


We went to the Breeze  LINE store (and I know there are lots of Breeze shops in Taipei), the one opposite Bellavita.  Below is the view on our way back. I think this was the rare time I actually saw some night sights in Taipei. I've been to 3 times, and most of the time, I am rushing out of Taipei instead of in and around Taipei. 




The shop was more than I expected. When we took the elevator up to the floor, we were amazed and started taking photos and selfies of each other. Two grown adult in business wear going all ga-ga over a LINE shop. The deco was really cute. They have everything from toys to stationaries to clothes to home products. My favourite was the kitchen ware and home ware section. I was very tempted to buy something from there. 


Look at these pillows! Aren't they adorable? There were soft to the touch too! And I was really really tempted to get one, but one pillow cover cost around SGD60 to SGD80. The reason they were so expensive was because most of the homeware were made is Sweden. So actually, they look rather classy.


These kitchen ware were also adorable and so well designed too! But needless to say, they were also made in Sweden and very expensive (at least to me anyway). So in the end, I didn't buy anything.

The other interesting store there was the Minion Store opposite the LINE shop. I went to take a look, but I guess I'm not one that spends money easily on such products. Anyway, it was near 9pm, and the stores were closing, so we had to make our way out. We couldn't get a taxi back to the hotel as it was raining and the taxi queue was long with no taxi in sight. We walked to the nearest station and took the train back instead. All in all, it was a rather memorable experience for me :)

Ref:
LINE
LINE Store


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments