Sunday, September 11, 2016

JCS - Year 3 Studying Japanese


So I'm now struggling with my year 3 of my Japanese Language lesson. The fact that my brother helped me made a full payment of the yearly fees means I can't quit until at the end of the year else I can't get my money back. It cost around SGD800 a year. Anyway I did managed to come this far. The above is my year 2 certificate after I pass my exams. Here is the score. Not really outstanding, but always better than what I score for my mandarin language in school eh?


You'd think I would score better seeing my working environment is a great place for me to improve my language skill! But sadly not. My grammar sucks, and so does my vocal. A colleague help me mark and update my essay before the exam, so I just memorised it and write it down during the exams :)


So now, coming to almost the end of Year 3, what have I been up to? Not much, just folding origami in class.  And from time to snacking is also a favourite pastime. 


So yeah, the journey continues. Exam is coming in another 2 month's time. Not sure if I can pass it, but sure as hell going to give it my best shot! Here's a photo of me studying hard at last year's exam in some posh cafe. Somehow every photo looks nicer with Japanese wordings in it. Lol.  After this year, I would have completed 50 chapters of my text book. Am wondering whether I should continue on next year where it is mostly conversation and presentation style of lessons. I still can't understand the language smoothly, but it is enough for me to read simple comics, watch youtube, survived in Japan with my broken Japanese and read cooking instructions when I want to buy weird food back. I'm pretty happy about it. Just wondering how to become smooth in it.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments