Friday, September 9, 2016

Biz Trip - Taiwan Snacking

This post entry is on all the weird things I eat in my January 2016 trip to Taipei. My normal routine when I'm there is usually to wake up super early 5am, 6am or 7am and go visit the convenient store to see what amazing things I can find. After that I will go back to the hotel for breakfast before headed to work. In the evening, after work, I will also head to convenient store, night market, supermarket or whatever that is still open to explore. So here are all the things I tried in my last trip there.



 Let's start with this weird Taipei set dinner I got from Taipei 101 foodcourt at the basement. I walked there after coming down from Elephant Mountain and just walking aimlessly till I hit Taipei 101. To be frank, everything was expensive to me at the food court except for this. It looked really nice on the photo too, so I ordered it, costing maybe SGD6? Consist of fried rice, oyster omelet with like no oyster in it, and some fishball soup. It was filling, but taste wise, just ok.


Above are some of the snacks I got from their convenient store: Cup noodles  (SGD1 each) are always a favourite to try. They also always have cute Doraemon buns available (SGD1 or so). It's just normal buns, but the packaging are so cute! I also tried the famous Milk Tea that Singaporeans are crazy about there for the first time. It cost maybe SGD2? It was really nice and smooth. In Singapore they are selling at around SGD2.90 and was recently recalled from all 7-11 stores. And one of my favourite thing which I only managed to try once are those delicious canelle  from Sogo basswood foodcourt. Each one cost around SGD2.50, and they have it in classic and chocolate and omg, super nice! I went back the next day but it was sold out. Gonna make it a point to visit that place every time I am there.


On my last working day, me and my colleague tried a Japanese steamboat restaurant just at the back of our office. It was a long tough week, so we were kinda rewarding ourselves with a good meal. It cost around maybe SGD30? But the food was so fresh! Super delicious! Especially on a cold rainy day. The only complaint I had was at the end of it when I threw what I thought was flower petals into the soup but it was finely shredded ginger instead. After which, I just couldn't drink the soup any more.


The hotel that I stay in give us a complimentary welcome drink which I somehow always claim it during my checkout while waiting for my taxi. So I would head to the bar which overlooks the pool. I would usually select the Taiwan Beer, and they serve it with a side of nuts. My Taiwan colleague gave me a set of limited postcard, so I decided to write them to my parents and aunt and myself. Mine never reached :( 



Lastly, Taiwan is famous for the beef noodles, but this was one of the best I had there. It was actually at the airport, and I wanted to clear some time and money, so I decided to order this beef noodle at the food place just next to the Sanrio Hello Kitty store. It was delicious! I would definitely go there again on my next trip!


And to end this post, a special mention of Haba Cafe, a small cozy coffee shop found in an alley opposite our office. Maybe it was the rain, or the company, or the ambiance, or even the design of the cup, but when we were there relaxing with a cup of coffee on a cold day and cracking dumb jokes, I swear it was the coffee that was helping us destress. This is another must-go-again place for me. The owner already added me as friends even though we've never talked.  They have a wide selection of flavoured coffee for you to try. So do drop by if you are in Taipei. It cost around SGD3 per cup.

Ref:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments