Saturday, December 16, 2023

Solo Trip - Ipoh (July 2022) - Day 2 Morning Breakfast


Good morning to day 2 of my solo trip to Ipoh! I was actually out by 7am, making my way to the kopitiam nearby for an Ipoh style breakfast. When I came back, this sleepy one eye kitten was lying comfortably on the door mat outside -_________-


The hostel actually provide free breakfast, of whatever spread found in their kitchen above. Bread was found in the fridge, and you could toast it. Packet coffee, tea and water was also provided. If you're on a budget, you could probably save yourself some money. But I was no longer a young backpacker saving my every dime. I was in Ipoh after all, and I haven't really tasted much of their local cuisine. I was betting that if I got there when the coffee shop open, there would be high chance I don't have to fight for a table with the touristy crowd. 


My assumption was correct! I was able to dine comfortably in the shop. I had the local curry mee, and my very first cup of white coffee. They also have pulut with kaya, something I've never seen or tried before. I ordered it after finishing my curry mee. Eating pulut after that was very very filling! It was an okay breakfast. Things weren't exactly cheap in Ipoh to my surprise.... 


After breakfast, it was still too early for anything to be opened. So I went  back and made myself some tea while chilling at the hostel. Above is the side table at the kitchen area. Beautiful isn't it? All those green and wood look really is to my liking! No one was around either, so I quietly sip my tea and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. 


The main table in the kitchen is this weird swing-like feature. I actually tried sitting on it, and it was quite interesting. You have to keep your balance, so it was not as easy as it would seem....


After a while, I found that I was not alone in the kitchen. An adult cat came in and lazed around the floor. The cat looks like my husband's pet cat Fox, and it was so fluffy and cute. I spend a good half an hour following it around and taking photos of it, along with another cat that was also there. 


Both the cats were rather playful, and were running around the house. After a while, they both ended up at the stairs. With the beautiful morning sun shinning into the wooden stairs and the tiles as backdrop, I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my morning :)


Isn't he adorable? :)


The cats disappeared when a couple of angmoh came down the stairs and almost stepped on them. So I went back to the kitchen to finish my tea. I saw some postcard on displayed and went to take a look. Apparently they have a sketcher gathering in the hostel, and some of the sketches are turned into postcard for sale. I thought that was  nice, especially sketches of famous place in Ipoh. You could purchase the stamp from the reception, and just drop it in the postbox right there. So very convenient! Only problem was, there was nobody at the reception....Guess they don't start work till maybe 9am or 10am. 


Since nobody was around, I had time to actually appreciate all the postcards there were available. I wanted to get some for myself, and maybe send one to my husband who was currently in Singapore. Postcard and postage stamps make a great trip souvenir. They are cheap and meaningful, and you can write memories on them to remember your trip by, and they weight nothing to carry along with you since you post them to you home address! I've been sending myself postcard for ages! From Japan to Vietnam, to Bali, Italy, Taiwan. Whenever it was convenient and I remember to do so, I would send myself something. 


So these were the two I picked. On top is the train station, and I sent this to myself. The one below is of Concubine Street, which I sent to my husband. I waited till the receptionist arrived, bought the stamps and dropped them into the postbox. After that I went back to my room, packed up and decided to checked out. I wanted to get an early lunch, and buy some souvenir before catching the train back to Penang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments