Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Solo Trip - Ipoh (July 2022) - Ipoh Shopping and Souvenirs


Above is my Ipoh souvenir basket of goodies! Looking at it makes me happy! I tend to buy more food related or perishables as souvenirs. It is useful, edible, and taking a photograph of it doesn't take up too much space. So let me show you in detail what I got. 


The first photo was just a sample souvenir basket. Above is the actual load I carried back. 


I got 2 boxes of my favourite biscuits from there. I can't stop eating these. I shared some with my family members too. 



I also got these chicken biscuits. I've totally forgotten about their existence until I was browsing some biscuit shops and came across them again. It's one of those lost and found memories of my childhood snack. So I bought a bunch to snack on, and share with my families. To be honest, I thought they were rather expensive. I recalled they were really cheap when I was young. Maybe less than a dollar a pack? I guess all the prices have gone up now....sigh


I knew I wanted to buy some white coffee back, but I didn't know which brand was famous or good. They gave out samples for you to try the coffee at this Lam Fong shop, and the above coffee was thick and not too sweet. It has become my favourite white coffee brand!


I also got these Chang Jiang famous white coffee. They have their own cafe in Ipoh, and even one scenic and overpriced cafe near Tasik Cermin. Unfortunately, it was too sweet for me. I gave most of these away to friends and family.


Lastly, my most precious buy was my danggui salted baked chicken! I love this so much! Salted Baked Chicken are baked using salt, and not actually cooked flavoured with salt. They aren't that salty. I place them on top of my rice pot when I am cooking rice. The oil of the chicken will soak into the rice and I get this super fragrant chicken rice that smells of danggui. They also use kampung chicken, so the chicken meat is kinda tough and gives you quite a bite. 

And so ends my solo journey to Ipoh, the first of many to come! Just to give you a preview, the following will be up coming next!

- Solo Trip - Kuala Lumpur (November 2022)
- Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023)
- Solo Trip - Nagoya (August 2023)

Stay tune! I'll be taking a break for Christmas, New Year, and Birthday celebration. Will target to complete the next trip's blog by Chinese New Year, and the rest a bit later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments