Friday, April 24, 2009

Midlife Crisis


For some reason or other, I've done some dramatic changes to myself lately. First stop, I managed to get myself contact lenses after wearing glasses since age 10! I never thought I'll be one that is so vain to endure poking at my eyeballs to look good, but I am! But don't get too overly excited. I only wear them on weekends, and only when I feel like I can handle the horror of poking my eyeballs with my bare fingers.

I'm using Acuvue daily disposable contact lenses by Johnson and Johnsons, and well, it's not exactly as I've hoped it would be. You know how they always advertised on TV how free you'll feel when you switch to contact lenses? It's not exactly true (for me at least). So far I've only wore it 3 times, and I found that I:
1. Have trouble deciding which side is the correct side to wear those damn lenses.
2. Have trouble walking around in aircon places as it makes my eye feel dry.
3. Carry my glasses along with me when I am out, in case the lenses fell off or it gets too unconfortable to wear.
4. Worry about my eyes getting too dry, but not wanting to rely on eye drops.
5. Worry about getting sand in my eyes on a windy day, or getting my eyes blown dry by the wind.
6. Can buy a box of contact lenses at RM80 in Malaysia, vs S$55 in Singapore....

But still, it's fun to wear them! And wearing shades feels way cool!

Second dramatic change is getting my hair rebond. I've always wanted to try it, but was scared of getting my hair damaged. But what the heck, we only live once! So I did it, and it feels great! And now I am waiting for all my hair to drop off after reading some articles about how much damage it does to your hair when you rebond them :P I'll share some of the articles with you in the reference section in case you are interested :P The horror the horror!

So are all these indication of hitting the midlife crisis? If so, I still need to get a tattoo and start smoking before I hit 40 :P

Ref:
Midlife Crisis
The Truth about Hair Rebonding
The Truth About Contact Lenses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments