Saturday, June 12, 2010

Raisin Cinnamon Bread

I blew about S$34 on baking ingredient, and that should keep me happy for a few weeks of baking. First bread from my little zoji: Raisin Cinnamon Bread, made of water, bread flour, salt, dry milk, cinnamon powder, raisins, butter, sugar and instant yeast. Cook time is about 2 hours with Instant Yeast, Dry Yeast would take about 3.5 hours. Verdict? Very dense! Very chewy! But nice all the same, especially when it's warm! I can just imagine that I'll always have a hearty breakfast from today onwards with freshly made bread!


Also went a bit crazy at the library today and got two fantastic books on making bread with a bread machine! These books will come in handy when I explore more variety of bread I can use. See ref for book info :)

Ref:
The Complete Bread Machine Book
The Bread Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments