Thursday, September 2, 2010

Froyo!


Also known as Android 2.2, is now available for update for HTC Desire phones in Singapore! Important: please ensure there are at least 25MB available on your Internal Phone Storage.

To check Internal Phone Storage:
Click Menu button > Settings > SD & Phone Storage

To update follow the steps below:
Click Menu button > Settings > About Phone > System software updates > Check Now

Make sure you download the upgrade using Wi-Fi only. After download, you can install it direct if you have enable backup of your data. It should take less then 30 minutes to update.

After update, you may have to reconfigure some minor settings like input type. Your T9 would also most likely be wipes out. My contacts are stored on SIM card, so you may want to do the same.

For me, there was no data lost what-so-ever. I imported my contact list back to the phone, and all previous bugs I have with my contact list have all been resolved! The contact list are now linked with my SIM Phone, Facebook and Gmail. I should be able to link up with Twitter as well, but currently I think Twitter is upgrading their security, thus most old application needs to be patch before it can connect back to Twitter.

After the upgrade, my HTC is so much faster! There is no lag now when I do simultaneous sync! Froyo also allows you to sync your phone with your iTune! That has been tested and pass! I found a cool Torchlight application inside the new HTCSense that uses the phone camera flash instead of the screen as a torchlight. HTCSense's Friendstream has also been improved to show 'Likes' & 'Comments' from Facebook.

To read more of Froyo's capability, please refer to Ref links provided.

Ref:
What is Froyo
Everything you wanted to know about Froyo
HTC Desire Update
Easy Phone Tunes (to sync your iTunes to Android)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments