Friday, May 25, 2012

London Food Information - Part 1

As always, first few days of the trip is an adjustment to the exchange rate. We're talking about twice the price of SGD here since we're surviving on pounds in London. Thankfully the following things are really cheap at their supermarket: ham (1 pound for 10 slice!), cheese (1 pound each for assorted cheese), bread (1 pound), and milk (less than a pound). I love the Mark and Spencer there as well as they have prepacked salad which are just amazing! And soup from Sainsbury! They open till 11pm!
 During our land tour, we also had lunch at a traditional English pub where I ordered my first cow liver in mash. The pub's name was called Queen's Head somewhere at Stow-on-the-Wold.
 One of the place that I would really like to go back to is Sally Lunn's at Bath. We were in such a rush when we were there that we didn't manage to finish our lunch and had to pack it to go. I even left my postcards there :(
 We did try a few eating places in London, but I can't say I like the food in London much. Here's some pix of the kebab we had near where we stayed, and some underground cellar near Chinatown. I'll share more about London market food in Part 2.

Ref:
Mark and Spencer UK
Sainsbury
The Queen's Head
Sally Lunn's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments