Sunday, June 7, 2020

Kyoto Sept 2019 : Kiyiomizudera Temple (Outside)


After my breakfast at tatami Starbuck, I made my way to Kiyiomizudera Temple. It was easy to find, cause the moment I reach the main road I can see the road, and all I had to do was follow the crowd direction to reach the temple. Above is the entrance when you know you have reach it.


This is the view from the temple entrance looking down. You can see many people are already there. I like this view too cause it shows the shops at ground level and the stairs going up to the temple. 


There were many school kids around, and you can spot them in group wearing the same cap, and usually a teacher accompanying them. For the most part of the way, I tag along behind of them as it kinda helped me clear the crowd in front of me, and I kinda blend in so that I don't look like I'm too touristy. This was especially useful when I was walking up the temple with them, cause the shop owner were a lot more friendlier to the kids then to people they can't communicate so easily with. So I get to see a different view of this place.


There are more senior student group and their teacher. 


At this point in time, I haven't really decided to go into the main temple as you need to purchase a ticket for it. So I decided to take a walk outside the temple ground first. There were some old temple around the ground, and I went exploring around. I like wooden structure like the one above. There is just something very soothing about dark wooden things, and walking through them into another dimension of greeneries. 


There were some beautiful ponds around too. Too bad it wasn't full autumn yet. There were maple leaves around, but they were still pretty green when I was there. 


Beautiful Japanese garden can be found here and there. With stone carving of wisdom words on them that I can't quite read, but I can make out that they were wisdom words from the Chinese characters that I do recognise. 


I found a corner of all these little stone jizo around.


The stones and the glass and the bright flowers really make these scene so surreal. 
After exploring the ground around, I made my way back to the main entrance area.


Still undecided where to spend my money on an entrance ticket, I linger outside and watch people in Japanese traditional clothes taking photos all around the place. The tourist were also taking photos of them cause it really goes well with the scene there.


You can see beautiful stone pagoda, as well as bright red pagoda as contrast here.


Here are the beautiful bright red pagoda that really look great on all photos.


The red pagoda roof is really pretty. But these aren't my favourite picture of the pagoda. I think I have some more iconic photo of these pagoda coming up in maybe a few post from now. Do look out for them. I promise they will be iconic!


Lastly, here is a memory shot of me and the temple behind me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments