Monday, June 8, 2020

Kyoto Sept 2019 : Kiyomizudera Temple (Inside)


I know it's not a lot of money to pay for a ticket to go into this UNESCO place, but even then, it took me quite a long time before deciding to purchase a ticket to enter. I think it cost around 400Yen? or maybe 500Yen? I have totally forgotten. But since I have already come all the way there, and I don't know when I would be here again.... I initially hesitated because the temple was actually under renovation, so I thought it might not be worth going in. But in the end, I decided to forgo my lunch money and got myself a ticket to go in.  Hahahaha. I know, I am quite a miser. I purposely took a photo of the ticket, as proof of the money spend! 


The moment you enter, everything is dark. I am not sure if it's usually like this, or because the place was under renovation and the scaffolding blocks the sun from coming in? But what I notice the first thing I walked in are these beautiful lanterns inside the temple.


To me the lantern it self was like national treasure! They look so luxurious and so beautiful in design. The entrance building was being renovated, so it was kinda crowded and stuffy. 


Outside is more of a wooden and metal structure feel. At the famous platform of the temple, it was under renovation, but many people stood around to look out into the view.


Here is me again with the school excursion kids. I like how their red cap match the red pagoda in the far out greens. 


Walking around the temple since, it can be divided into a few section, which I will slowly blog in different post. But this is just a over view post, so I'll just show some of the things you can see inside. there are of course buildings with Jizo and different Buddha's and Gods inside. Above is more stone Jizo all dressed up in red. I also love those paper lanterns they hang around certain part of the temple.


Here is one of the main hall with a golden Buddha inside. It has a Vesak Day color on it. 


The temple ground is really huge, and there are park like feel to it, even when you exit the main temple and made your way down the hill. You can still see Jizo all along the path. And all these still doesn't really cover the main attraction of Kiyomisuzera, which is the three waterfall. Don't worry, I will have a post on that too!


But first, a selfie of me, with the view of Kyoto City far away. You can tell it's Kyoto City cause you can see Kyoto Tower right there! And Yes, I walked all the way from there to here where I took this photo of myself! I love travelling, cause I exercise so much more than if I were to just be at home working......I miss travelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments